Kiev – The Co-host of 2012 European Soccer Championship or Where is my heart ?


Kiev – The Co-host of 2012 European Soccer Championship or Where is my heart ?
Ukraine has been dominated for seven decades of Soviet Union. Nevertheless  Kiev is now fast growing city in its cultural and tourist life, as also there are lots of improvements in the city, made on a daily basis.

I’m very subjective, when talking about Kiev. It is my second (or in my heart may be even first ) home.
As a half Ukrainian, I traveled really often back in the days and I’ve spent the summer time in Kiev. My best memories are for joyful, carefree vacations with lots of games and my grandparents made this all possible, God bless them!

Now Kiev is a Co-host of the European Soccer Championship and regarding the info from my friends, the situation in the city is under control and there is no traffic or other problems in the downtown.
Kiev is literally the most amazing city I’ve ever been and I think I have a clue where this comes from (my childhood). For its size Kiev is a pretty clean city, full of history and landmark (the churches are awesome), art life, creative people, amazing parks and very delicious cuisine!

Of course as every ex-soviet country, it has its problems. But I hope they are progressing in the right direction.

Here are some photos we made in 2011:

Kiev
St. Michael's Golden-Domed Monastery, this is the proof of how beautiful Kiev is.



Kiev
St. Andrew's Church

                                                                  

Me & Paul
                                                              


Kiev
This is the HYATT Hotel in Kiev. As you can see this city has some really modern buildings.
        

Kiev
One of the most delicious ice-creams. If you are about to visit Kiev, don't miss this out! This is a soft ice cream, half chocolate, half lemon with chocolate & nuts crust! yuumm . You can find it on Khreschatik str. near the metro station.




Kiev
The municipality of Kiev runs every year this beautiful Flowers sculptures exhibition, which if you're lucky you can see in the Pechersk Park.





Kiev
Finally, this is how happy we feel in Kiev. This shot of Paul i made spontaneously :)




Don't miss out this restaurant, when in Ukraine Puzata Hata  for tasty traditional cuisine!

Let me know which is your favorite city or country and why? 


xoxo,
Lara